Lorraine Nordmann’s leading textbook, Beauty Therapy The Foundations has been fully revised to reflect the latest standards and trends in NVQ Beauty Therapy at Level 2. This textbook continues to be the only Official Guide to Level 2 Beauty Therapy fully endorsed by Habia and matching the National Occupational Standards.
Now in its sixth edition Lorraine’s much loved, easy-to-follow text has been polished to perfection! It is currently one of the required texts for the Beauty Therapy PLC course at Templemore College Co. Tipperary
Each chapter has been streamlined and standardised to provide consistently clear and comprehensive information. All new learning objectives and chapter introductions provide key starting points for students to follow.
A completely new and exciting design and layout provides clean presentation and a user-friendly format with eye-catching features and high quality images. This sixth edition of Beauty Therapy The Foundations also boasts new step-by-step photography, new Industry Expert role models and an updated glossary.
Beauty Therapy The Foundations guide will encourage and inspire trainee beauty therapists towards a rewarding career. This book is suitable for those studying for NVQ Level 2 qualifications with all awarding associations, including VTCT, City & Guilds, ITEC and other providers. It has been developed to equip learners with everything they need to gain their qualification and provide a handy reference throughout their career.
- Covers all mandatory units for Beauty Therapy – General and Make-up routes and most popular optional units, giving all the information students need in one place.
- Endorsed by Habia (Hair and Beauty Industry Authority), a well-established authoritative guide lecturers can trust.
- Revision and exam practice questions at the end of every chapter, ready-made practice tests for classroom or home use.
- Industry Expert profiles act as role-models for students and their tips of the trade give real life advice for everyday work situations throughout, including anatomy and physiology and health and safety best practice.
- Activities, top tips and links to online resources provide bite sized tasks and information perfect for classroom or home use.
- Comprehensive anatomy and physiology chapter and A&P signposts in each chapter.
- Written by a skilled author in a user-friendly writing style, who understands the needs of students.